How can we digitize you?
“Now a days it is well known that it is the company’s history and culture as well as the management’s mindset that stand in the way of getting started with digitizing and automating the organization’s trivial but resource-intensive tasks. Lots of money will be wasted on that account “
– Hans Eibe, CEO
WHAT DOES DIGITALIZATION AND DATA-DRIVEN GROWTH REALLY MEAN?
Let us start with the very simple business mindset. We want to develop our current business model with new forms of sales, communication, better customer understanding, collaboration, optimized and synchronized workflows. Does it seem familiar?
Do you want to sell in new channels?
- Try working with e-TRADE with your own webshop or third-party webshops, e.g. Matas or Amazon.
Do you want to be better communicating in existing or new channels?
- Try working with SoMe (Social Media), SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
Do you want to streamline collaboration across (home) offices?
- Try working with DIGITAL WORKSPACE, e.g. software platforms for project management, planning, reporting, sales activities, customer service, marketing, etc.
Do you want to be better in understanding the customer, optimize workflows and processes or become better at forecasting?
- Try working with ANALYTICS, e.g. use of databases, machine learning, deep learning and other algorithms
Do you want a better overview and synchronization of workflows?
- Try working with the Internet of Things (sensors, RFID tags, etc)
Digitization, digital marketing and data-driven growth
Latest types of tasks
- Strategy plan for digital transformation with a focus on digital growth opportunities and digital marketing / presence.
- Plan for development of organizational design with focus on adaptation of structure and digital workspace (collaboration platform), including knowledge sharing, project management, planning, reporting, sales activities, customer service as well as external and internal communication and marketing.
- Digital development plan for critical resources and organizational design as well as prioritizing various digital growth opportunities.
The toolbox in selection
Overview and digital readiness
- Business model: Uncovering the company’s current design and
- Strategy for digitization / automation of internal processes and market-oriented activities
Digital organizational and value system analysis
- Analysis of the company’s organizational design
- Analysis of the company’s digital resources, competencies and activities
- Analysis of the company’s alliances and value system
Digital marketing / presence
- Identification and analysis of offline and online marketing as well as digital presence
- Website analysis, organic traffic, paid traffic and competitors
- Identification of relevant digital and social media and their interactions
- Recommendations and plan for setting up and implementing digital marketing
Digital marketing and sales organization
- Analysis of the company’s marketing and sales organization and channels
- Identification and analysis of relevant marketing and sales activities and their interaction
DataProfit Competence map: Status of your digital competencies?
A successful digitization and data-driven growth depends on the company’s competencies, but which ones?
We work with 3 categories and 9 competencies. The categories and competencies are visualized in our DataProfit Competence Card, see figure below. It is used as a basis for assessing the company’s status and digital readiness, strategic decisions with action plans.
Basis (do we know the basics?)
Organization (are we geared to develop on digital opportunities?)
- Business development
Usage (how can we profit from data usage?)
Figure. DataProfit Competence map
Our work is based on the BigDataBigBusiness research project in alliance with Professor Thomas Ritter, post.doc Carsten Pedersen and projektleder Christina Merolli Poulsen at Copenhagen Business School. The project is funded with € 1 mio by The Danish Industry Foundation.